So what should you know about Google WaveThere are some really interesting uses for Google Wave:
- Collaborative creation of documents, reports, observations, requests
- Group/ Afilliation rosters;
- Agenda, meeting minutes, to-do list combos;
- Collaborative proposal Writing and approval;
- Collective visioning and brainstorming;
- Getting to know you style stuff
- Fun, special interest conversations
A few things that people may not know about Wave
- The complete wave guide -- all there is to know about Wave
- You can create and access public waves. You can explictly choose to follow public waves.
- Wave is an open protocol, so it is possible to create custom clients to interact with Wave.
- Just like every other Google Application, Wave is extensible and there are already quite a few extensions in play for Google Wave, that will make it a fully featured collaboration platform whenever it is out.
- It is not possible to remove people from a wave, yet.
- Support for mailing lists and groups isn't great yet. Actually its almost non-existent.
- There's a twitter feed for google wave at #googlewave