- Clean and behead the prawns
- Marinate the prawns in a pinch of turmeric and a bit of red chilly powder. Add salt to taste and a sprinkling of sugar. Keep them aside for 20 mins
- Chop onions, chillies, capsicum and some garlic
- Par-boil a few potatoes, peel 'em and make sure they aren't too soft. Chop them into little cubes once you peel them.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw in some mustard seeds, the garlic (let em brown before you throw anything else), followed by the chillies, then the onions (till they brown), some turmeric, as much chilly powder as you can tolerate and the capsicum and finally the potatoes.
- Lightly cook the mix for a few mins ensuring that the potatoes remain firm. Dont do this for any more than 4 mins, before you throw the prawns in.
- Switch off the flame and mix the prawns in the concoction and transfer the contents of the pan to a baking dish.
- Grate some mozarella over the contents of the dish and place this in a microwave pre-heated to 220 degrees centigrade.
- Bake for 4 mins (no more please!) and watch the cheese melt.
- When you take this dish out, make sure that the prawns have turned reddish. If that has happened shout "Yaay!!"
- Garnish and serve.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Training apart, one of my passions is cooking. What I create turns out to be fusion food because I am just bad at sticking to time tested recipes. Yesterday I made baked prawns in potatoes and cheese. This is quite a funny dish, but tastes just awesome. I'm horrible at giving out recipes, but here goes. Remember, the proportions you use are completely your judgment: I haven't added any proportions to the recipe here.